One of the more common questions we get from customers, particularly our commercial clients, about our HughesNet services in San Bernardino County is whether these services are compatible with VoIP. The answer is yes—not only are you able to use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology with HughesNet, but HughesNet even offers its own VoIP satellite service that will not count against your monthly internet data like you’d get with other internet calling services.
Starting at $30 per month, you can add a HughesNet Voice plan to your internet service, with a $10 discount per month for a year if you order both HughesNet Internet and Voice.
Interested in this offer? Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits of VoIP services:
- Beneficial in the age of COVID-19: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, more people are working remotely than ever before. It’s important for employees to maintain access to their business phone numbers even if they’re not physically in the office. VoIP allows you to use that same phone number from anywhere with an internet connection, as it’s not tied to a physical phone line. As it is expected people will continue to work remotely for an extended period of time, this is a highly beneficial feature.
- Low cost: There is a very low cost-per-call rate associated with using VoIP. This is because the system uses the internet to place calls, rather than telephone lines. All the communication data gets turned into packets sent over the IP network, using the internet connection. As such, there is also a certain guarantee of higher service quality.
- Call forwarding: We here occasional concerns from customers that if the internet goes out, VoIP service will stop working. However, there are still call forwarding features that mean your calls can be forwarded to the phone number of your choice.
- Additional features: There are many more added features available with VoIP services than there are with traditional phone lines. You can get voicemail-to-text transcriptions so you can easily read calls you missed while you’re working on something else. There is simple forwarding of calls and messages. You can use the line across multiple devices at any time, whether it’s a smartphone, desktop computer, laptop or tablet. There are easy video calling features, and easy customization for voicemail messages.
- Simple conferencing: Another benefit in the age of COVID-19, conference calling is made easier with VoIP. All calls use a converged data network rather than dedicated phone lines, so you don’t have to worry about your conference calls taking up multiple lines. Plus, you don’t have to pay extra for a dedicated conference service, as this functionality is built right into your VoIP system. The conferencing technology includes video functionality so you can get face time with the people you’re speaking with.
These are just a few examples of some of the benefits of VoIP technology, which you can unlock fully with a HughesNet subscription in San Bernardino County. We encourage you to contact JDS Systems today for more information about VoIP through HughesNet.