Satellite internet from HughesNet in San Bernardino County, CA is a fantastic option for both homeowners and business owners, particularly those in rural areas. However, if there’s one downside to satellite internet, it’s that it can be slow at times. Luckily, there are some quick fixes that anyone can do themselves. Here are a few tips and tricks to boost your service speed:
- Look for damage: Chips in the dish, loose wires or frayed wires can cause significant delays in your internet speed, or even cause a total loss of connection. Call a HughesNet technician right away if you notice any of these issues with your dish.
- Clear any obstructions: Built-up grime on the dish can also impact internet speed, especially if there’s a lot of it. Gently clear off any dirt with a damp rag to solve this issue. You’ll also want to ensure no branches are blocking your dish’s view of the sky.
- Check the dish position: Speaking of the sky, you’ll want to ensure your dish is pointing toward the southern sky. If your dish isn’t positioned that way, we advise calling a professional to fix it. Even if you have all the right tools, your internet service provider will know just the precise direction to point your dish for optimal speed.
- Use your own router: Your internet service provider will let you rent a router for a small monthly fee. However, these routers typically aren’t the best ones on the market. You can boost your internet speed by investing in a higher-end router.
- Restart your modem and router: Boosting your speed may be as easy as restarting your modem and router. To perform a proper power cycle, unplug both devices, wait 30 seconds, plug in the modem and then plug in the router. It may take a few minutes for them to both boot up, but your internet should be faster once the cycle is complete.
Call JDS Systems for help
Instead of trying all of the steps above to improve the speed of HughesNet in San Bernardino County, CA, just call the team at JDS Systems. Here are the reasons to bring in our pros to fix your internet speed:
- Quick response time: Whether you’re trying to get some work done or hoping to stream the latest Netflix show, you can’t live with slow internet! That’s why our technicians arrive as fast as possible to make any necessary adjustments to improve your internet speed.
- Guaranteed results: When you call JDS Systems, you can rest easy knowing we’ll set your internet straight the first time we come to your house. There’s no need to worry about making multiple calls for repairs!
- Full-service team: If you thought we just make adjustments or make repairs, think again. From installation to troubleshooting issues, we’re your one-stop shop for all of your satellite internet needs.
It’s apparent that nobody tops JDS Systems when it comes to installing or repairing satellite internet from HughesNet. Give us a call today to learn more about the benefits of installing HughesNet in San Bernardino County, CA at your home or business.