As any serious PC gamer will tell you, ping—the measurement of how long it takes a device to retrieve data from a server—is everything when it comes to playing online games. A lower ping score can mean the difference between a win and a loss! Since it’s vital that our customers have the lowest possible ping and the best gaming experience, we put together this post to teach you how to get lower ping in San Bernardino County, CA:
- Use ethernet instead of wi-fi: Due to its unreliability, wi-fi can increase latency, packet loss and jitter. You can avoid any of that hassle and achieve lower ping by bypassing the wi-fi network and connecting directly to the internet with an ethernet cable.
- Remove other devices from the network: If you’re still determined to use wi-fi instead of an ethernet cable, consider disconnecting any unnecessary devices from your wireless network. Things like tablets, consoles and family members’ devices can significantly slow down your internet speed and increase your ping.
- Whitelist your games: Your computer’s firewall and antivirus software will periodically scan packets as they’re received from the game server. This may cause a slight delay in latency, and the packets may even be lost. Prevent this from happening and allow all packets to bypass security by whitelisting your games.
- Close background programs: Other programs running in the background can take up a lot of bandwidth, thus increasing latency. Try to avoid opening websites like Netflix or Spotify, as these are known to be big bandwidth hogs. On top of improving your internet speed, turning off other programs will help you focus on your game!
- Optimize game settings: Crystal-clear graphics make any game visually pleasing. However, they can also impact framerates, which makes the game significantly more difficult to play. Toggle with your game settings and ensure they’re optimized for your graphics card, RAM and processor.
Make the switch to HughesNet
If you’ve already followed the steps on how to get lower ping in San Bernardino County, CA but still don’t have the right internet, it’s time to upgrade to HughesNet. Here are a few reasons why our customers love satellite internet from HughesNet:
- Connection anywhere: Since HughesNet internet is provided via satellite, you can receive an internet connection anywhere! Satellite internet is a fantastic choice for those who live in rural communities.
- Reliable service: As long as the sky is clear, HughesNet delivers steady and fast internet service. You won’t have to worry about losing a game due to latency when you sign up with HughesNet.
- Affordable prices: Compared to other ISPs, HughesNet is a much more affordable option. HughesNet is a great choice for gamers who want to spend more on their PCs and games than they do on their monthly internet bill.
If you’re sick of overpriced and unreliable internet, then give JDS Systems a call. Not only can we show you how to get a lower ping in San Bernardino County, CA, but we can also set you up with fast and affordable satellite internet. You’ll be gaming without a worry in no time at all!