Technology has come a long way in recent years. Internet connections are faster and consumers have more internet service options than ever before. Rising in popularity is satellite internet, including the products offered by HughesNet installers in San Bernardino County. If you’re considering switching internet service providers, then the following information is for you.
Here are five facts about satellite internet and the reasons why HughesNet’s service is top shelf.
Satellite internet facts
People around during the early days of the internet can recall the haunting dial-up sound escaping desktops near and far. Dial-up then was, quite frankly, frustrating—slow to start up, slow to download. Dial-up couldn’t work without a main home phone line, which meant that every time someone picked up the phone receiver in the house, you got booted from the internet. Today, however, we have satellite internet. Below are five facts about this service:
- Fast download speeds: When compared to dial-up, satellite internet connections are incredibly fast at downloading shows, movies and music. In other words, satellite can complete the same downloads at a much quicker rate. Satellite download speeds are as fast as 1.5 MB per second, while the average dial-up speeds range from a mere 40 to 50 KB per second.
- Options: There are one-way services and two-way services. One-way service is the cheapest option for connecting to the internet. It requires the use of a dial-up modem in order to access the web. These users then use a satellite modem for downloading and searching for web pages. Two-way service costs more, but it does not require any dial-up modems.
- Minimal equipment: When you choose two-way services, all you will need is a satellite dish and a modem to connect to the internet. This means you won’t need to run cables all over the place to reach from an outside hub to the inside of your house where the modem is located.
- Telephone wires not needed: Another huge advantage of satellite internet is that it doesn’t require infrastructure, unlike traditional Internet options that need to be near telephone wires. With HughesNet satellite internet, all you need is a direct line of sight toward the sky. This is incredibly convenient for people living in rural areas.
- Affordable: The initial investment in equipment to have satellite internet is worth it to many people—especially since monthly service rates tend to cost less than other types of connections. In general, satellite connections are often more economical in the long run.
Schedule HughesNet installation
HughesNet Internet service is the country’s number one choice for satellite internet. It is reliable, secure and fast, as well as efficient and affordable, which is why JDS Systems is proud to offer HughesNet. Our technicians can walk you through the sales portion, then schedule an installation and service start date for you. Not to worry if you run into issues with your satellite internet service—JDS Systems employs the best HughesNet installers in San Bernardino County. Get in touch with us today to learn more.