Have you made the decision to invest in a brand-new home theater system? If so, there are some steps you should take to make sure you’re truly ready for the installation process to begin. This will help you ensure you get the best sound and video quality out of your brand-new equipment. It takes more than just plugging in a few cords and wires for you to really get the best possible experience.
With this in mind, here are some tips to help you prepare for home theater installation in San Bernardino County.
- Choose your room wisely: The best option for where to install your home theater system is an independent room that can specifically be designed to give you the best video and image quality. It can help if it’s a room where you can install acoustic panels or insulated drywall, which will help you create an even more powerful and high-quality surround sound experience.
- Lighting: You want to avoid ambient lighting as much as possible in the area where you’re installing your home theater system. This is one of many reasons why people often choose basements, as there isn’t much natural light that comes in. However, you might not have many options for where your home theater will be located, so if you do have ambient lighting coming in, you may consider installing blackout shades or investing in screens (4K TVs or dark screens) that do well in ambient lighting situations.
- Space: Before you purchase the equipment for your home theater system, it’s important to know exactly how much space you’re working with. You want to make sure you have a good sense of the design of the system, as well as that all the components will fit in your room. Your TV should be able to fit several feet off the ground with space on either side for speakers. In-wall or in-ceiling speakers can help you make more efficient use of your space. Make sure you’ve planned out how you’ll run speaker wires if you’re not using wireless or Bluetooth speakers.
- Controls: Know how you want to control your system. It may be with a universal remote, a touchpad or your smartphone. Ideally, you’ll have a system that minimizes the number of remotes you need to work with. Additionally, make sure you are able to understand how to operate the controls for the best experience possible.
- Source components: How many source components will you be using? It’s important for your technicians to know this so they can make sure the AV receiver has enough inputs and outputs. Consider everything you’ll be using the system for, including DVD or Blu-Ray players, gaming systems, Chromecast or Fire Stick options and anything else you may wish to plug into your television.
These are just a few of the considerations you’ll want to keep in mind when planning out your home theater installation in San Bernardino County. For more information and tips, we encourage you to contact the experts at JDS Systems today.