Satellite internet is becoming increasingly popular throughout the country, especially in more rural locations. The technology has come a long way in recent years to the point where it now offers a lot of benefits over traditional internet connections.
Our team at JDS Systsems is happy to set you up with satellite internet through HughesNet installation in San Bernardino County. Here are just a few of the advantages you can expect to get from this investment:
- Financial savings: Satellite internet has extremely competitive prices available, and costs less upon initial installation than other types of internet connections. This is particularly advantageous for people who live in rural locations, where having the cable line wired out to their home could cost thousands of dollars even before they start paying their monthly internet bills. All you need is a satellite receiver, making installation easy and inexpensive.
- Global availability: Satellite internet can be reached anywhere by anyone, so long as you have a satellite receiver. Even if you do run a cable out to a remote location, it could take longer to establish connections because of the distance in the cable lines. This is the biggest benefit—to be able to access the internet anywhere in the world, no matter how “off the grid” you otherwise are, is a tremendous benefit and one that provides you with a great deal of flexibility.
- Little downtime: Satellite internet is always on, meaning you’re always connected to the internet. There’s no need to sign in to connect, and there’s less likelihood that you’re going to have to deal with outages caused by downed power lines or cables. This means that even during instances of severe weather, you’ll still be able to benefit from reliable internet service.
- Multiple devices: Satellite internet can be used easily with multiple devices at once, which is great for people who have many devices in their homes connected to the internet at any given time, including phones, laptops, tablets and desktop computers.
- Speed: This is a particularly big benefit for people in rural locations, who often have no other choice but to use a dial-up connection. Satellite internet increases the speed you can expect out of your internet by as much as 10 times, bringing you a whole breadth of new possibilities with your internet usage.
There are going to be some more limitations in comparison to broadband internet providers with regard to the kinds of bundles and packages you can benefit from. In general, however, you can expect the level of service to be comparable to what you get out of broadband, while offering you greater flexibility in terms of location. You will, of course, need to get the proper equipment up and running on your property, which requires an initial investment, but after that you’ll be good to go.
For more information about the various benefits of satellite internet, please reach out to the team at JDS Systems about HughesNet installation in San Bernardino County. We’ll be happy to answer your questions!