Regular access to the internet is almost essential in today’s world, with just about everything being available online. If you’ve chosen HughesNet internet in San Bernardino County, you made a great choice. HughesNet offers reliable and fast satellite internet access to many thousands of homeowners and business owners.
However, even if you have the best internet provider available, there’s a good chance that technological mishaps may occur, causing disruptions to your internet access. This can be extremely frustrating, which is why we at JDS Systems are here to help. To help you troubleshoot your HughesNet Internet connection, try these few quick tips.
When the internet connection is not working
If you turn on your computer or phone and attempt to access a website but it just won’t load, no matter what you do, there may be a few things happening:
- Check the system: Sometimes, your HughesNet modem can get unplugged or turned off without your realizing it, shutting down your internet connection. Make sure the modem is turned on and any cables running from the dish to your modem or from your modem to your computer are firmly connected. When the system is turned on, a solid system light should be illuminated on your modem.
- Check the LAN: The LAN light indicates that your computer or a wireless router is connected to the modem and is functionally transmitting internet connections. The LAN light should be on.
- Reset the modem: If your system is having a hard time staying on or the LAN light is not illuminated, try resetting your modem. To do this, locate the reset button on the unit and hold it until the lights turn off and then come on again. If your modem does not have a reset button, unplug the power cord and wait a minute before plugging it back in.
When the internet connection is slow
Sometimes, you’re able to access the internet but your connection is running slower than it usually is. There a few different causes of slow satellite connections, so try each individually to see if they fix the problem:
- Limit the internet users: If there are multiple people using the internet at your house at the same time, your connection might be getting disrupted. Simultaneous users can reduce the speed at which your web pages load. Have the simultaneous users log off of their devices and try a single device to see if it runs any faster.
- Check your data allowance: Depending on what plan you have, you might have a monthly allowance of data. Once you use more data than that, your connection may be slowed. You should be able to check how much data is left on your plan online.
- Check the weather: Windy or harsh weather conditions can sometimes cause disruptions in your connection, resulting in slow or non-functional internet. Wait until the harsh weather conditions clear and check your internet connection again.
- Clean and adjust the dish: A dish coated with debris, snow or leaves can result in a slower internet connection. If you see that your dish is covered, clear it off and try your connection again. You may also need to adjust it to provide a clear view of the sky for the best possible connection.
Call JDS Systems for reliable internet service!
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips aren’t working, call JDS Systems and speak with our experts on HughesNet Internet in San Bernardino County. As a premier satellite TV and internet provider, we are backed by years of experience and pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Call us today for more help diagnosing problems with your internet connection!