It’s a timeless question—which is better, satellite or cable? Ultimately, depending on the area in which you live, you might not really have a choice. But when you do have your pick between the two, there are a variety of factors you should consider to ensure you get the best home television experience for your needs.
Here is some information from a DISH retailer in San Bernardino County about a few of the primary advantages satellite has over cable:
- Cost: Satellite TV tends to have more competitive pricing, and generally better prices per channel you get. This can vary depending on the number and type of channels you get in your subscription, but generally satellite comes out to be a better deal financially than cable. The initial costs of installation might be higher, but the savings you get in the long run are more than worth it, especially when you consider the other benefits you get out of satellite television.
- Service reliability: Every satellite system is a standalone entity, which means there are fewer possible points at which that system can fail. Compare this to cable, where most problems occur somewhere between the distribution center and your home. If the problem happens at that distribution center, there’ll be a large cable blackout. With DISH, this isn’t an issue you need to be concerned about. The reliability of your television service is much greater.
- Outstanding customer service: DISH and DirecTV score higher than the largest cable companies on customer satisfaction surveys just about every single year. They tend to provide faster response times than cable providers when their customers have issues, and there is usually less of a need to make calls for service requests or assistance in the first place. Again, this makes sense when you consider the standalone nature of satellite dish systems versus cable.
- Better signal: Satellite transmits its signals completely digitally, eliminating any potential static or interference you might receive. As long as the dish is able to reach the signal, you’ll get a clear picture on your television. The interface in satellite television is also much more user-friendly. You’ll get a lot more in terms of program information and channel selection, plus all of the options you’d typically find in a cable DVR system.
- Programming: Perhaps the biggest benefit satellite has over cable is the wider variety of programming, and your ability to custom tailor programming packages to meet your needs. Cable companies are unwilling to give you the kinds of control over your programming that satellite companies do. This extra control doesn’t even result in a huge increase in cost! You get more HD channels plus more sports and entertainment channels without having to break the bank.
These are just a few of the primary benefits satellite has over cable. Keep these under consideration when making your television programming choices! To speak with a DISH retailer in San Bernardino County and get more information, reach out to JDS Systems today.