So, you’ve spent the last year debating whether to leave your current cable TV provider and switch over to DirecTV. After all, they offer satellite TV and superior customer service, and expert technicians are ready to schedule an installation time that works for you. Today is the day you ought to make the switch!
When you upgrade to satellite television, you’ll soon get to experience quality sound and picture like you never knew was possible. But before you can enjoy your new programming and equipment, a professional DirecTV installer has to get you all set up. Help them help you—here are five tips to help you prepare for DirecTV installation in San Bernardino County:
- Talk things over with your partner: Like most decisions in a relationship, it’s a good idea to discuss new satellite TV service with your spouse or partner, or any other adults in the home who will be spitting the bill. Make sure it’s what you both want, and then decide where you want the service equipment installed. Keep in mind that at least one responsible adult should be present when the installer arrives at your house.
- Schedule a time you can be there: Not only do you need to schedule an installation appointment date and time that is convenient for you, but it also has to be enough time. Satellite technicians prefer you remain in the home with them during installation; some companies won’t even schedule an appointment if an adult cannot be there the entire time. Depending on many factors, installation can take anywhere from two to four hours, not including a few minutes for the tech to explain all the new equipment to you—what is what, how to use it, whom to contact for troubleshooting, etc.
- Clear the immediate area: Before moving the TV away from the wall, remove as many items as you can from around the TV and the immediate area. This includes things like framed pictures, books, shelf decor, DVDs and candles—especially items that are fragile or sitting directly on top of the TV. Basically, anything that can potentially fall down on the installer or get in his or her way should be moved to a safe spot.
- Pull the TV away from the wall: To expedite the installation process, carefully pull the TV and entertainment unit a few feet away from the wall. This will let the technician reach all important wires, connectors and outlets right off the bat, as well as give a clearer view of what they will be working with. After you move the TV, vacuum around without unplugging anything.
- Secure your pets: Your dog may be the sweetest, most friendly creature in the world to you, but you cannot say that Fido will be himself around the satellite TV installer. For the safety of the DirecTV installer and your pet’s nerves, plan on securing dogs, cats or other animals in a room the technician will not need to access.
For the highest quality DirecTV installation in San Bernardino County, look no further than the skilled team at JDS Systems. Contact us to set up an installation appointment today!